Saturday, November 1, 2008

Selling and marketing tyres - How difficult can that be?

Introduction
A simplified version of this article was first given as a lecture to a gathering of fellow colleagues in January 2008. My only intention then was to caution against anyone selling or marketing tyre to marginalize its complexity. I say that after 13 years in the tyre industry, a short period compared to some of the veterans I met over the years, and after having witnessed some superiors and colleagues from various other industries join the tyre industry.

Three gentlemen who influenced me immensely regarding veterans in the tyre industry are Edward Readings, formerly VP International Operations of Cooper Tires, Francis Lim- Director of Wah Seng Singapore, and Wee Kok Wah- President and CEO of Stamford Tyres Singapore.

Kindly regard all opinions to be that of mine and not intended for malicious intent. I would appreciate if you could gain my consent before you utilize this article in any way. Should you find any matter discussed in this article to be offensive or contrary to the truth, I am contactable at:

Telephone: +65 6345 7100
Address: No. 12, East Coast Road. Singapore 428723
E-mail: htler@tyrepac.com

This is an introduction by Ler Hwee Tiong, Managing Director at Tyrepac Pte Ltd on his 7 part-series on Selling and marketing tyres- How difficult can that be?

No comments: