Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I try to drive with patience?

I drive, whenever I am working out of Singapore from West to East, Bukit Panjang to East Coast and return. The journey is about 55km both ways. The journey coincides particularly with motorcyclists from and to Malaysia along the BKE, PIE, KPE, ECP stretch of road (depending on route taken for the day).

It is a very stressful situation having to put up with these motorcyclists who take up the openings between cars, sometimes preventing overtaking. It is hair-tearing to have some of them taking up the fast going lanes- sometimes in “staggered formation”.

But each day I tell myself to practise patience since wedging anyone between cars, and pinning anyone under my car will be the last thing I want. And I don’t think I will sleep well ever again should something like these happen. So, this is a call to all drivers just to have a little patience while driving and much as I sometimes also feel they should be “put in place”, we don’t want to end up with murder.

Words: Ler Hwee Tiong.

No comments: